Noodle: Super Monday Night Combat - Rule Change 27

Friday 2 March 2012

Super Monday Night Combat - Rule Change 27

So a new patch is upon us in SMNC. The patch is down on the forums as 3/1/12, so I would have expected it to be out by now however I haven't been asked to patch my game yet. Before I continue the patch notes can be read here on the official forums;

Rule Change 27

The first thing that I notice is introduction of a matchmaking system. This is certainly what the game is needing, as I have numerous times entered a match only be to placed against a premade team of 5. I also noticed that Downtown Spunky Arena is making a return with a few bug fixes to it. There has also been a change to help them detect idle players and they won't be rewarded with XP or Credits. It's a step in the right direction but I still feel that a temporary ban from matchmaking would be another step in the right direction.

In terms of balance there have been a few small changes that stand out to me. The use of reload on characters that lunge has been increased to 2 seconds between lunges instead of every 1.5 seconds. The Veteran Ka-Klaw move also will now throw the player to the Veteran even if it fails. This one I don't like so much as it's usually a guaranteed death if you get caught by it. However if this means it's a bug fix where it might randomly fail then I understand, but I liked the fact that you could avoid it. Also Megabeth has had a tweak on here Whirling Derbish and Disku Derby. The Whirling Derbish now deals a little less damage per tick, but deals damage and knocks back every 0.3 seconds instead of ever 0.35 seconds. Disku Derby will also knock back an enemy if it hits them.

The final major change is more of a cosmetic one. Instead of buying an entire uniform for a pro, you can now buy it in parts. They are now split into Head, Chest and Legs. So you can have any character in their Christmas outfit, but still wear the Heartbreaker hat!

No comments:

Post a Comment